Monday, October 8, 2007

DIY Pontoon Build Update 5

Update 5... seems like just last week I was at Menard's buying the plywood and other misc supplies I'd need.

Here is the front view of the pontoon after a coat of flat white. The bags in the back are weights, but more on that later. As you can see the garage is still a mess and will be until the boat is done and has hit the water at least once as there currently isn't much room to work in the garage, much less clean it up.


Here is the left view of the boat, not too different from the front view. You'll have to excuse the timestamp on the image. The batteries died and after a long day of working on the boat the last thing I wanted to do was fiddle around with a camera to correct the date.





Right side of the boat. I got a bit sloppy at the end when it came to applying the fiberglass to the support beam but I know it'll hold alright (this was the third coat of fiber and resin, build only requires two).






Finally, the rear view of the boat and as you can see it looks like a group of bandits went through my garage, but nope, it's all me. The bags of coal are just some extra weight to hold the supports in place while the resin dries. I received all the charcoal for christmas, my mom said I deserved it....





Final build update will have pictures of the boat either sinking or floating, with me on it in either case and hopefully a good tale to tell too!

No comments: